Tips For Your Bridal Shoes By Freya Rose
Top 10 Bridal Tips For Your Bridal Shoes
The team here at Freya Rose understand the time and thought process that goes in to selecting the perfect pair of bridal shoes. We know that there are a large number of factors that a bride must first consider… What colour? What style? Where will you be wearing your shoes; will you be outdoors or on grass? To help take some of the stress out of your big day and make this selection easier and more enjoyable, we thought that we would outline our top tips for choosing your perfect bridal shoes.
1. Choose a design you love. It is the biggest day of your life. Shoes are the sculpture that will not only hold you but your soul and your spirit. Every girl feels special in beautiful heels. Bridal shoes can easily be stored forever to love, cherish and remind you of your special day.
2. Decide if you want to wear your shoes again. If so, opt for an ivory silk that is dyeable. All our shoes are made in the finest duchess ivory silk and come with a swatch for you to test for dying if required. Our signature styles featuring a hand mosaic mother of pearl heel look fabulous once dyed. The mother of pearl heel looks incredibly vivacious against darker colours and turns the shoe into a stunning evening/ special occasion shoes.
3. Consider the heel height and toe shape you are looking for. In our classic collection we offer something that will suit everybody, concentrating on fit, line contour and being flattering and sexy. Once you have the right shape, you can than think about customising and having details added. Choose a heel height you feel comfortable in and a shoe shape you would usually wear.
4. Shoe clips are a fantastic way of adding detail to your shoes. Not only will they last forever and have versatility with other shoes, but you can decide where you want to place them on the bridal shoes. You can also exchange your clips; for example, adding a more glitzy clip for your dinner and dance will give the appearance that you have two different pairs of shoes.
5. Consider the season or climate you will be getting married in. Open sling backs are better if you are getting married in a hotter climate and peep toes are good all year round. The Emma Shoes are perfect if you are getting married on a beach as they are a flat peep toe style, made with the finest French Chantilly lace which makes them very breathable. Its advisable to wear an unlined shoe if you are getting married in a hot climate.
If you will be wearing your heels on a grassy or muddy surface you should be aware that they might get stained. Consider the mother of pearl heel – it is not only stunningly beautiful, it is also sustainable and can be easily cleaned. A great way to stop your heels sinking into grassy surfaces is to use heel protectors. Clean Heels are a perfect solution for this and come in a variety of sizes to suit your bridal shoes.
6. Consider the design of your dress. If your dress is heavily detailed perhaps opt for smaller, more subtle details on your shoes, such as pearl buttons or the mother of pearl heel.
7. Think about the jewellery and accessories you will be wearing. For example if you are wearing pearls or diamonds, shoes with similar details can complete your look. Freya Rose Klimt Rose Bud is a beautiful and opulent set of 3 Gold Rose Buds with each flower made in gold leaf material that is over 100 years old.
8. Wear your shoes few times so they mold to your foot shape. Ensure your shoes come with extra padding for comfort, and come with a protective plastic film on the sole so it will not get marked or damaged. This can then be removed on your special day.
9. Don’t leave them until last! Brides often focus purely on the wedding dress and leave their shoes until the last minute. Aim to choose your shoes around the same time as your dress – you’ll need to bring them to fittings to determine the length of your gown.
10. Treat your feet! Remember to schedule a lovely pedicure before your big day. Slip your feet into your gorgeous wedding shoes with soft skin, neat cuticles and glossy painted nails!