We at Freya Rose were so pleased to collaborate with Ami Hyde of Lo & Behold Bespoke on this gorgeous styled shoot, showcased on Love My Dress on World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.
Featured were our much-loved designer shoes Courtney Rose Gold, Jasmine White and Fefe — chic bridal shoes that work so perfectly with the muted colour palette and bohemian textures and details.
Aside from the simply stunning photographs, the shoot delivered an important and heartfelt message about the significance of representation in the wedding industry.
"When we launched Lo & Behold Bespoke we wanted to create beautiful weddings and events that appealed to the bohemian dreamers and wild-at-heart lovers out there, those couples searching for something a bit special," says Ami, "We consider ourselves an inclusive business and always strive to make sure that regardless of who you are, your skin tone, background, religion, size or whom you choose to love, that you feel like we appreciate you, your love story and that we welcome and celebrate love in all it’s glorious forms."
"I’ve noticed some brilliant diverse ripples within the industry recently and they’ve all been met with such enthusiasm and encouragement. Whether it’s a mannequin in a wheelchair in a wedding dress shop window, a plus sized model walking in the wedding dress catwalk shows, a ‘gay wedding’ referred to as just a wedding or a beautiful woman of colour with natural curly hair gracing the cover of a leading wedding magazine."These are all fantastic changes, however they’re still so few and far between they can feel like token gestures. Everyone needs to get on-board and instead of feeling disheartened by the lack of diversity, get involved, feel empowered and do more."
"Earlier this year, I began following a beautiful American couple online called Hakeem and Jasmine. They are working tirelessly to ensure that more industry professionals are held accountable for creating relatable wedding inspiration. To further raise awareness of this, Hakeem and Jasmine they created a hashtag campaign #changetheweddingindustry that launches today on the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development. We are so proud to be a small part of this campaign."
(L-R) Fefe, Jasmine White, Courtney Rose Gold
Suppliers and Credits
- Photographer - NADIA MELI
- Venue - LARMER TREE
- Concept & Co-ordination - LO & BEHOLD BESPOKE
- Concept & Stationery - WONDERLAND INVITES
- Videography - LOVED UP FILMS
- Styling & Props - LO & BEHOLD BESPOKE
- Double peacock chair, solstice chandeliers & assistant stylist - THE COLLECT COLLECTIVE
- Ceremony Chairs & Dining Table - PURPLE DOOR PROPS
- Florals - LILY LUPIN FLORAL DESIGN
- Fabric Seating Banner - GREY & COPPER
- Cake - SPARKLE BAKES
- Hair + Makeup Stylist - YASEMIN BILGIC
- Assistant Hair + Makeup Stylist - MELIA AKBAS
- Brides Dresses - POPPY PERSPECTIVE
- Bride Veil & Feather belt - ASHLEY WILD
- Bridesmaid dresses - MAIDS TO MEASURE
- Bridesmaid kimonos - ASHLEY WILD
- Bridal Party Shoes - FREYA ROSE
- Jewellery - THE VAMOOSE
- Groom attire – From Personal collection of FRANCIS CAMPBELL
- Groom Jacket customised by @BBEMBROIDERY
- Miniature weavings - VANDER HUME
- Models - EMMA, SARA, PRIYANKA, WILL
Leave a comment